Forrest Kirk is a painter living and working in Los Angeles. Forrest holds a Bachelor from California State University, Los Angeles. His figurative oil, acrylic, and mix media works are steeped in historical and sociopolitical underpinnings within a beautifully painted context. Inspired by his own life experiences, Forrest paintings inspire creativity and thought-provoking narrative that delivers timelessly in their execution. His work has recently been acquired by the Hammer Museum.
Forrest Kirk / Selected works
- OTP Copenhagen short-forms: "Forrest Kirk", October 2019
- Curate LA, Shelley Holcomb, "Studio Visit: Forrest Kirk", March 2019
- VOYAGE LA, "Meet Forrest Kirk", 2019
- LA Weekly, Meet an Artist on Monday: Forrest Kirk, 2019
- Art and cake, Forrest Kirk, Protest, Noun at Torrance Art Museum, 2019
- LA Times, Sharon Mizota, "Review: Police, violence and an artist who paints to provoke", 2018