Forrest Kirk is a painter living and working in Los Angeles. Forrest holds a Bachelor from California State University, Los Angeles. His figurative oil, acrylic, and mix media works are steeped in historical and sociopolitical underpinnings within a beautifully painted context. Inspired by his own life experiences, Forrest paintings inspire creativity and thought-provoking narrative that delivers timelessly in their execution. His work has recently been acquired by the Hammer Museum. Forrest’s first solo exhibition at Nathalie Karg Gallery will be held in the Spring of 2020.
Forrest Kirk / Selected works
- OTP Copenhagen short-forms: "Forrest Kirk", October 2019
- Curate LA, Shelley Holcomb, "Studio Visit: Forrest Kirk", March 2019
- VOYAGE LA, "Meet Forrest Kirk", 2019
- LA Weekly, Meet an Artist on Monday: Forrest Kirk, 2019
- Art and cake, Forrest Kirk, Protest, Noun at Torrance Art Museum, 2019
- LA Times, Sharon Mizota, "Review: Police, violence and an artist who paints to provoke", 2018